Well, for those of you that haven't heard, I am deploying for my work to Kabul, Afghanistan and possible a couple other locations for a couple months. I'm leaving this evening, and I'm very excited about the whole thing. This week I have gone thru preparations for departure at the UDC (USACE Deployment Center) at our office. I have been given many shots, gotten many blood tests, and sat through seemingly endless briefings. Gas mask training was one of my favorites. The picture above is me in my DCUs. This has been a long and bumpy road to approval for the trip, it has been canceled a couple times, and at times the whole thing seemed to be in limbo, but it is a go now. I got my schedule, I'm going to be hopping from site to site in the northern part of the country deploying servers.
Below is a picture of an attemped stowaway in my checked duffel bag. Good thing I noticed before I got on the plane :)
Honey,
ReplyDeleteHave a safe flight and be safe over seas. I will be thinking of you every day. I will be praying for you to be safe.
Love, Cindy
Be
ReplyDeleteSafe
Wow, growing up with you, I never thought I'd see you dressed like that, but you look pretty good! Have a great experience, but yes, be safe.
ReplyDeleteHope you are off to a good start....how sore are those multi-vaccinated arms?
ReplyDeleteAlready missed power yoga. Scrambling out the door to catch Jill's gentle (is there a Jill's gentle anymore? :)
Inversions dedicated to you this evening!
Happy trails and bon voyage!
Good luck over there and keep on practicing those unassisted headstands!
ReplyDeleteOkay...3rd attempt!
ReplyDeleteNice mountain pose! Not familiar with that arm variation though...
I'll post last nights vinyasa in a few hours...if I can remember it.
Good luck and have fun!